Re: reduced development time

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: reduced development time
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:34:18 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Jan 16, 2012, at 1:24 PM, Graham Percival wrote:
>
>> 2.15.26 is released, containing the fix for issue 1933
>> lilypond-book on windows.  This marks the end of my active
>> development work for the next ten weeks: until the end of March, I
>> am reducing my lilypond time from 10 hours a week to 5 hours a
>> week.
>
> I (like everyone I'm sure) would like to thank you for the work that
> you've done on lilypond development.  Most of my lilypond development
> centers on musical layout, and I'd have a hard time being motivated to
> do the type of work you do.

Hear hear.  With me, it is more like I'd have a hard time keeping
anybody motivated to do any type of work...

The infrastructure and the policies and tools are rather ugly to, well,
fight out, and coordinating a number of people (including oneself) to do
this for whom most of the stuff are not core skills is not really very
likely to be an ungrumpifying task.