Re: Bounties

From: mike
Subject: Re: Bounties
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 03:38:21 -0800

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:24:40 +0000, Graham Percival wrote:
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 03:01:50AM -0800, address@hidden wrote:
1)  Create an e-mail address "address@hidden" (this I can't
do - can someone please do this).

Can't do.

Seems simple, effective, and startable in the next two weeks.  I'm
sure it is not perfect, but LilyPond is not perfect, and it seems
better to start something and change it as need be than to not do
anything.

Check your email archives for our discussion on 2011 Dec 2 for all
the reasons I think this is a bad idea.

- Graham

Given that several users have already expressed the desire to give money this way and at least one developer has expressed the desire to take money this way, it seems that the only thing missing is the clearinghouse through which the exchange happens. I'll propose a patch in a bit that does this: I think the best way to decide as a community if we want this is to read over a patch, see if we like it, and then either put it on a countdown or not. In the meantime, I think people should take a gander at:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/?lang=fr
http://ardour.org/
http://musescore.org/fr

They're all music related projects that have a donation system implemented. Especially with MuseScore, we could just ask them how if it has proven to be effective for them.

Cheers,
MS