Re: Summary of \relative { q } ... analysis.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Summary of \relative { q } ... analysis.
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:01:07 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> It would be possible to let q set a parser variable that will optimize
> this pass away when unset.  The drawback would be that ChordRepeat
> events entering via different channels (#{ <c e g> q #} uses its own
> parser, and generation by Scheme is also possible) would not count
> then.
> Ok, I guess I have my implementation strategy then.  Hard-earned 70€
> or whatever the bounty was, but I think I will feel reasonably sure
> that the results will not come back to bite me.

Anybody have a problem with me ripping all the configurable bits from
the lexer?  Meaning that the chord repeat symbol will be q, period, like
r is a rest, period.  Since I don't retain q state in the lexer any
more, it does not seem like that the effort for the remaining piece of
configurability makes any sense if nobody uses it anyway.

David Kastrup