Re: Plans for changing chord repeat implementations

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Plans for changing chord repeat implementations
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:46:39 +0100

James <address@hidden> writes:

> So we need to make any tweaks to the NR since
>
> "...There is no longer any relation of
> the implementation to \relative..."
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/single-voice#chord-repetition
>
> an @warning or @knownissue?

It is more like removing warnings or knownissues for existing uses.  But
new uses are worth some more explanation.  I'm currently on it.  I'm
pretty almost everybody should prefer the new behavior, not just because
it does no longer mess with the parser/lexer and/or backend and/or fall
apart when copying \relative passages, but because it is much more
flexible and predictable to use (you can already see in the changed
regtest an application that has not been possible previously: fingering
repetition only in tabulature, while not removing the initial fingering
spec in the main score).