Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:04:40 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>>> OK.  BTW, I've meant staging, not master.  Sorry for the thinko.
>>
>> Same thing.  Once it is in staging, it will move forward
>> _automatically_ to master potentially within hours unless there is a
>> compilation/testing error.
>
> Humpf.  I wasn't fully aware of this automatism.
>
> OK, will apply manually and test soon.

Thanks.  Note that this does _not_ mean regtests and doc builds: we have
automatisms for that.  It means running your own files that use this
feature, and reading the docs to see whether the docs as well as the new
incarnation of the feature make sense to you.

Opinions are more important than results here, and results are only
important as _experiences_, namely connected with your own, individual
work.

Don't bother doing the job of the computer.  We need that of the human.

Thanks