Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:07:44 +0100

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> I assume it uses the "normal" git cache on my computer

Nope.  It uses whatever repository you specify in the LILYPOND_GIT
environment variable.

> - is there any danger if this is also my dev machine with other
> changed files in the git filesystem (e.g. the LSR copies, for
> example).

Depends on what you specify in LILYPOND_GIT and the configuration file.

> My brief look at one of the scripts showed an expectation of using a
> RAMdisk.  I'd rather use my SSD.  Does this involve any changes?

Configuration of the respective paths.

> Please confirm which script should be the main "master" and what to
> look for when it's running.

I don't quite understand what you are asking here, but presumably you
mean lilypond-extra/patches/lilypond-patchy-staging.py or so.

> "smtp_command: msmtp -C ~/.msmtp-patchy -t" means nothing to me.

That is command for mailing the completion message somewhere.  I have no
idea what msmtp is supposed to be, but I replaced it with

    mail dak

on my system.  Which is not really what was intended, I guess, because
it mailed a mail to me addressed to Graham and the developer list.
msmtp would likely have bypassed me doing that.