Re: New Patchy thread

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: New Patchy thread
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:56:11 +0000

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 01:47:52PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> There you go.  That seemed to work.

Yep, looks good.

> I assume all I need to do is run patchy-staging daily?

Yes and no.  Running it daily would be great.  Running it every 12
hours might be nicer, although maybe you could alternate with
James or Reinhold?
Note that if there's no new patches, Patchy staging-merge just
quits and tells you there's nothing to do, so don't worry about it
wasting resources compiling exactly the same thing over and over
again.  That said, if there's a one-line typo fix in the docs,
it'll still rebuild absolutely everything.

Another thing to consider is setting up a cronjob.  Instead of
running it manually, if your computer is always on, it'll just do
its thing by itself.  Great for 4am in the morning!

Finally, occasionally staging breaks.  That'll show up in the logs
in your lilypond-patch-build-output-log-directory, or if you set
up the mail stuff, you'll get an email warning you about the
problem.  When there's a problem it requires manual attention
(although not necessarily from you, and it's theoretically
possible to make patchy take care of this automatically, but
that's a far-off idea).