Re: having trouble fetching all remote branches

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: having trouble fetching all remote branches
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 09:40:38 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> My local repository wasn't created with git clone, and i have only one
> remote branch ('origin/master'); i cannot push to staging because of
> that.  I've tried 'git fetch --all', but the other remote branches do
> not appear, and i don't see a solution in git fetch description.  Any
> help?

A list search...  it is not like I have not answered this about once a
month for the last half year.  Make sure that your .git/config contains

[remote "origin"]
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
        url = ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/lilypond.git

Your lines most likely are missing the wildcards.  The next "git fetch"
should bring you up to date.