Announce discontinuation of MacOSX support for versions 10.4 and older (

From: graham
Subject: Announce discontinuation of MacOSX support for versions 10.4 and older (issue 2271) (issue 5653057)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:11:01 +0000

I have mixed feelings about this patch.  Given that adding osx 10.4 ppc
support is a two-line patch -- smaller than this one! -- it feels a bit
weird to move ahead with this.  However, there is clearly no desire to
actually create that two-line patch, so I guess that removing support is
the thing to do.

As well as changes.itely, the website macosx download page needs to be
modified.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5653057/diff/1/Documentation/changes.tely
File Documentation/changes.tely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5653057/diff/1/Documentation/changes.tely#newcode285
Documentation/changes.tely:285: lack of interest and resources, support
for versions 10.4 and older has
Make this a new @item, at the top of the list.  The way it is right now,
it looks as though Christian was the person to discontinue osx 10.4
support, which is extremely misleading.  He told us how to fix it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5653057/