Re: git repository for osx-lilypond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: git repository for osx-lilypond
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:30:37 +0000

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 09:32:11AM +0100, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> 2012/2/11 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
> > In order to try to track this down, I'd like to have a git history to see
> > how things have changed. [...]
> > Can anybody tell me where I might find an up-to-date repository?

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/macos-lilypad

but the two-line fix for 10.4 ppc support would occur in GUB, not
in osx-lilypad.

> I think this is a lesson for us all.

Yes, and that lesson is "when Graham tries to off-load mundane
administrative tasks, somebody do it, because you want him to take
care of *non-mundane* administrative tasks".

I've known about this problem for years.  I've been thinking about
taking care of it for years.  A sketch of a solution is already
present in the GOP issue.  But I've always had more important
things to do; some of them complicated stuff that it only makes
sense to take care of myself, but a lot of it is routine boring
stuff that anybody could do.

> It's a shame to waste Carl's time on searching for source code;

Yes.

> I think we should do this, i'll investigate how it's done.

Don't waste your time.  Just take care of the ordinary
administrative tasks.