Re: Google Summer of Code - Ideas List, please discuss

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code - Ideas List, please discuss
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:07:39 +0100

On 12/02/2012 15:43, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> W dniu 12 lutego 2012 15:13 użytkownik Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> napisał:
>> umm, you know that we already have musicxml2ly import, right?
> Yes.  I had some issues with it - dynamics got attached to wrong
> notes.

The problem is that in LilyPond, each dynamic is attached to a note,
while in MusicXML it is attached to a staff and placed via x-offsets.
It's mostly not so trivial to find the proper note to attach the
dynamics to (and even if you do, you'll need to obtain a proper x-offset
to override LilyPond's default placement).

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886