Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:54:44 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Feb 26, 2012, at 1:08 PM, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM, address@hidden
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> The issue is that dynamics are created via Pango and thus I can
>>> only use rectangles
>>> for the time being.  A separate issue in the tracker can be opened
>>> for redoing dynamics
>>> so that they used a series of named-glyph stencils.
>>
>> should we rather try to "break inside Pango"
>> to be able to create precise outlines for everything that is processed
>> by Pango?  The advantage of this approach would be that lyrics and
>> markups would be skylined even better.
>>

> I'd like to do this...I'm just not sure if it's possible.  Joe (or
> someone who knows fonts) - is there a way to get font outlines of
> pango fonts?

The reason we are using Pango in the first place is because it is good
at composing Unicode (with kerning, ligatures, accents, writing
direction etc etc).  So we don't want the outlines of its fonts but
rather the outlines of the composed result.

Not that I would have a clue about the answer to either your question or
the changed question.