Re: Fix crash when unknown grob name is passed to ly:engraver-make-grob

From: dak
Subject: Re: Fix crash when unknown grob name is passed to ly:engraver-make-grob (issue 5715053)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 23:35:30 +0000

On 2012/03/01 23:02:57, Pavel Roskin wrote:
I've seen it many times that Lilypond would crash during my
experiments with
Scheme code.  This time I decided to track it down.  It's my first
ever fix to
the C++ code in Lilypond, so please check my coding style.

How is that a fix?  You return a non-grob value that will wreak havoc
later on.  The only thing that would seem to make some sense here is
throwing a (Scheme) exception.  It will likely cause an abort of the
program, but in a better controlled manner that can be caught and
debugged from Scheme.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5715053/