Re: Patch to GUB to fix Issue 2373

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Patch to GUB to fix Issue 2373
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 16:00:42 +0000

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 02:57:44PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
> <address@hidden>
> >Please send a new patch with the subject "Remove mingw shortcut to
> >examples", or "Remove windows shortcut to examples", or something
> >along those lines.
>
> And there was me thinking it was a perfect description, since it's
> all documented on the Issue tracker...

We've had 2-5 complaints about subject lines like that in the past
two years.  I thought that somewhere in the CG it said that you
should only refer to an issue number in the long comments, or in
parentheses at the end of the real subject line... but I couldn't
find such text in 5 minutes of looking online nor in grepping our
code.

This is particularly relevant when working on GUB, which supports
projects other than lilypond.

Anyway, thanks, patch pushed.