Re: Issue 2376: Automatic footnotes on \null markups causes unexpected r

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Issue 2376: Automatic footnotes on \null markups causes unexpected results (issue 5755058)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 09:37:50 +0000

On Mar 7, 2012, at 8:48 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> Given the level and amount of code you write, it might be worth
> investing the time rereading the garbage collection chapter of the Guile
> manual.

You're right that I know nothing about guile's garbage collection...it'd help
to know this.  I'll investigate.  It'd also be good to do a little write-up for
the CG w/ garbage collection dos and don'ts in the LilyPond base (i.e. what
mark_smob, derived_mark, unsmob_thingee, smobbed_copy, self_scm & co. all mean).

Cheers,
MS