Re: Docs/scheme help

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Docs/scheme help
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:55:43 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 4:36 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

Could someone who understands scheme (David?) take a quick look and
with the German version:
The German one has the addition of:

%% dummy action to deal with parser lookahead
#(display "this needs to be here, sorry!")

Does that need to be there for just the de manuals?

I removed that line in the English docs since it is no longer required
here.  The _parser_ (rather than the lexer as previously) now evaluates
the stuff inside of #( ... ), meaning that it does no longer trigger
premature evaluation when asking the lexer for a lookahead token.

That's actually more a matter of "someone who understands the LilyPond
parser" rather than "someone who understands Scheme": to someone merely
understanding Scheme, the previous behavior was quite surprising.  Which
is why I changed it (sacrificing ly:export in the process).

So you can throw the line out in the German docs as well.

David Kastrup

Thanks. My make docs patch tomorrow will junk that as well, once I've run make, make doc, to be certain I'm OK.

Phil Holmes