Re: GNU accepted for GSOC (was: application has been rejected)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GNU accepted for GSOC (was: application has been rejected)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:36:13 +0000

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:16:10PM +0100, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> I'll contact them asking to add us to their umbrella.  Any suggestions
> before i do this?

Prepare a blurb in the same format as their existing ones.

>  Shall i talk with them about the number of
> students' slots (i guess we could ask for 2 slots)?

No, I think that would be a bit rude.  IIRC last year they had 6
students; we cannot claim that lilypond is as important as 33% of
GNU.  Given the importance of some of those other projects
(autotools, linux-libre-firmware), I think we would be lucky to
get one.  (granted, I think lilypond is more important than some
of the other projects on that list, but it's just possible that
I'm biased in some way)
Just send an email asking to be added to the list and hope for the
best.