Re: Corrected style of comments (issue 5862052)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Corrected style of comments (issue 5862052)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 11:09:59 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:21 AM

On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 11:00:44AM +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 10:46:01AM +0200, Łukasz Czerwiński wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be nicer for git cl to ask for an issue number in case it
>> is unknown?
>
> It does. I suggest you update your git-cl to get this addition
> (which was made about 4 months ago?).

I suppose he means asking about Rietveld issue number, not tracker
issue number.  IIRC git cl only asks about the latter.

oh, I see.  Sorry, my mistake.

If you're sending patches from different computers, I think you
can do it with
 git-cl issue 1234
 git-cl upload

- Graham

My recollection is that it assumes that the current issue number is the most recent you've uploaded to Rietveld. This is great if you're only working on one. If you're working on a number you have to use git cl issue xxxx to tell it that to use a different one. git cl issue 0 tells it to create a new one. All quite understandable and usable behaviour.

--
Phil Holmes