Re: Patch push announcements

From: James
Subject: Re: Patch push announcements
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 08:33:27 +0100

Colin,

On 4 April 2012 04:20, Colin Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
> When a countdown completes, I mark the tracker item "patch-push" and Google
> dutifully sends the resulting email to lilypond-auto, where it formerly went
> to -devel.  I wonder if the owners are getting the notification, and if so,
> how we handle those tracker items which do not have an owner?

It will take some getting used to, but perhaps this will now 'coerce'
all trackers with a patch to have an owner.

If I notice one - Mike S for instance - not picking on him especially
but in the olden days when he was 'quick-patch-McMike', and when I was
checking patches manually, I'd fix the tracker myself as I could see
who was the Rietveld owner.

That is a bit tedious.

I've been pushing patches (Alberto, Pavel, Peter) for those trackers
that don't have a dev who has push access, and as part of my bug shift
(on Saturdays if I remember) because I am aware of this, I'll skim
'push' labeled trackers or 'review' labeled trackers and assign them
owners if I can.

Not saying that should be another bug squad duty, but that's what I do
when I remember.

James