Re: Git help, please

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Git help, please
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 17:35:19 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 5:18 PM

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 04:53:23PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
>Don't worry about doing extra checks with patchy.  If it passes a
>doc build from scratch on your computer, then it's highly unlikely
>to cause a problem at the patchy stage.

I have had a problem with this in the past, which is why I was
suggesting this route.  I had an uncommitted file on my local
machine that wasn't in master.  I'd not added it with commit -a or
whatever, and so my build was OK but patchy-staging fell over.  I
wanted to avoid the possibility.

whoops, I forgot about that.  Just run
 git status
and if it doesn't complain about untracked files, you're fine.

- Graham

It always complains about untracked files. aborted_edits and git-cl as a minimum. Until I moved all the LSR tarballs I'd put at the top of the source tree it complained about all those, too.

I've now worked out how to create a remote branch. My next experiment will be to push to it. Fingers crossed.

--
Phil Holmes