Re: State of the pond

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: State of the pond
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 11:08:00 +0200 (CEST)

>> [1] why oh why does the main GNU editor not use the "official
>> extension language for the GNU operating system"??
>
> Same reason why its keyboard shortcuts are only so-so compatible with
> CUA and/or GNOME: its development was started more than 30 years ago,
> when nobody had ever heard of Guile.

Note, however, one of this year's Google-Summer-of-Code projects is
integrating guile into Emacs; the idea is to use guile as the
interpreter for Emacs Lisp.  At the same time, Scheme will be
available for free.

Whenever there will be results, I don't know.  In any case, it will
hopefully help remove zillions of buglets in guile 2.x :-)

    Werner