Re: Dictionary for musical terms in Lilypond

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Dictionary for musical terms in Lilypond
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 12:04:17 +0100

Have you seen http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/music-glossary/index.html ?

Phil Holmes

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:55 AM
Subject: Dictionary for musical terms in Lilypond

Hi,

Recently my Polish speaking friend told me that it's a problem for him to look something in Lilypond documentation, because first of all he must translate the musical term he needs to English, which is quite a hard task, because there are several words that might express the same musical element.

I came to an idea - what about creating a small dictionary of musical terms used in Lilypond and in Lilypond documentation?

It might be just a separate page for each language with pairs: word - translated word.

What do you think? As I guess, I will have too include that into documentation which is available in git repository?

Łukasz