Re: Adding Bar Line types

From: James
Subject: Re: Adding Bar Line types
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 07:13:33 +0100

Hello,

On 1 May 2012 22:06, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> together with Marc I'm working on a completely new approach to
> barlines, making available custom-barlines of all kind.
> If success (not sure) it would be a major change to lilypond.
> Currently there are several minor and major issues in the code, so I
> don't want to post it.
> But I attach a png what might be possible.

That looks great. Also my ignorance is showing here as Nicolas'
custom-bar file is all in Scheme and not an engraver which is what I
assume is required/preferred in the main code.

However I think it would be useful in our snippets doc at least for
2.15.38 (if there is one) onwards until you have you new code worked
out. While it won't compile on the LSR I believe that we can still add
it as a snippet for our Doc?

If Nicolas (as it is his work) and the dev team agree I can make that
happen with a patch.

James

PS. for those Devs not on the user list:

--snip--

On 17 April 2012 00:17, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here's scheme code (can't remember who I got it from) for creating a dashed
> double bar line - I needed it for a Fine occurring in the middle of a
> measure:

Hi,

Someone asked exactly the same question on the French users mailing
list today.  Here is an approximate translation of Nicolas Sceaux'
answer, that might interest you:

 By using this library file:
 https://github.com/nsceaux/nenuvar/blob/master/common/custom-bars.ily
 one can introduce a dashed double bar line with  \bar ";;"
 See the example file test-custom-bars.ily in the same directory.

--snip--