Re: Lilypond miscompiled on Fedora 17

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Lilypond miscompiled on Fedora 17
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 10:17:19 -0400

Quoting David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:

Hello!

I mentioned in passing that Fedora 17 (currently in beta) ships
Lilypond 2.15.29 that reports bogus bar checks.

It turns out that both the current Lilypond from git and Lilypond
2.14.2 are miscompiled on the up-to-date Fedora 17 so they exhibit the
same problem.

What compiler version are they using?

It's gcc 4.7.0.  I'm using x86_64.

I just checked that Lilypond compiled without optimization or with -O1 instead of -O2 has no problem with that file.

An update for gcc was released this morning (gcc 4.7.0-3), and I compiled Lilypond with it with all defaults. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin