Re: Development status of midi output in 2.15.38

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Development status of midi output in 2.15.38
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 22:36:00 +0100

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 09:57:07AM +0700, Michael Pozhidaev wrote:
> After the last announce I have tried the linux x86_64 binary package of
> lilypond-2.15.38 to see what is going to be in 2.16. It works but I met
> some regressions in midi output comparing with 2.14.2 currently I am
> working with.

> It seems to me this problem should be already known, so I just would like
> to ask is the midi output needs further development and I should just to
> wait more?

There are no known Critical regressions since 2.14.2.  If you have
found one, then please send a tiny example to the bug list.

Critical regressions are defined as output which is
unintentionally worse.  It is possible that there were some
deliberate changes to the midi backend (in which case they should
be noted in the Changes document).  But until we see a specific
tiny example, we can't comment further.