Re: LoMus 2012

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LoMus 2012
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 15:26:23 +0200

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 5/12/12 4:37 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:
>>

>>> w000000t!
>>> Mazal tov to everyone!
>>
>>Graham's worst fears...  If I remember correctly, we had two
>>applications for the Google Summer of Code, and only one has been
>>accepted under the GNU umbrella.  Before dispersion fights start, it
>>might make sense asking the other applicant whether an admittedly
>>smaller sum like this might enable him to embark on his project or part
>>of it.
>

> The other applicant appears to not be a serious applicant.  He has not
> even spoken up on -user or -devel to get to know anything about lilypond.
>
> I don't think he should be part of this equation.

Well, I said "if I remember correctly".  I _was_ somewhat perturbed that
I did not seem to remember who of the well-known mailing list
participants it actually was who made the other application.  But you
are right that this does not necessarily sound like most promising
project to invest in at the current point of time.