Re: Doc build hanging (with memory leak?)

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Doc build hanging (with memory leak?)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:13:22 +0200

On 14/05/12 14:15, David Kastrup wrote:
They are treated by the bug squad picking up the suggestion and filing
it in the issue problem.

If someone suggested to you that they will refuse doing that, that
someone was not giving you correct information.

OK. :-)

To be fair, reconsidering things, I wonder if the suggestion to go via Rietveld was simply because it was assumed that if I know git and TeXinfo, I'd have no problem with Rietveld either.

Yes, it is demotivating.  But you are shooting the messenger in this
case.  If nobody goes through all the make documentation and build
scripts and rewrites them, the dependencies are not there for making the
process faster.

It turns out that, unless I am mistaken, somebody more or less did that.
But he did not, as far as I am aware, start out from a better informed
state than you did.

Yes, I noticed that as I was preparing my patch.  It was very nice to see. :-)

One of the frustrations on that occasion a year ago was that I would have been quite likely on my own initiative to see if I could do anything, _if_ I hadn't been treated to the lecture.

If you consider the problems in the LilyPond code base as a personal
insult, you are not likely to have much fun.

It's never the problems in the _code base_ -- they're a challenge, not an
insult!

Have you considered the possibility that he was simply telling you the
truth?

At the time it didn't seem that way. But I'm prepared to believe that was in fact the case and I misinterpreted it.

Might be a nice moment to see what I can do about that long-dormant doc work.
:-)