Re: Allows lyrics to slide under TimeSignature when OctaveEight present.

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Allows lyrics to slide under TimeSignature when OctaveEight present. (issue 6201068)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 06:05:39 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/6201068/diff/1/lily/pure-from-neighbor-engraver.cc

http://codereview.appspot.com/6201068/diff/1/lily/pure-from-neighbor-engraver.cc#newcode56
>> lily/pure-from-neighbor-engraver.cc:56: in_same_column (Grob *g1,
Grob
>> *g2)
>> it begin
>>
>>> It doesn't need to be a class method - it'll never be called
outside
>> of this
>>> file.  It is just a small helper function.
>>
>> Then it should be declared static, right?
>>

> Why would it be part of the class?  It's just a small helper
function
> - architecturally, I don't see it as being part of a class.  There
are
> small helper functions like this all over the code base.

I did not say it should be declared a class function.  I said that it
should be declared static since it is not referenced outside of the
source file.

Hey David,

I don't completely understand the hows and whys of it, and there are
many functions in the source code that are only used in one file but are
not declared static.  If all of these should be declared static, I'd
recommend opening a tracker issue describing the general problem.

Cheers,
MS

http://codereview.appspot.com/6201068/