Re: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 22:28:19 +0000

Carl,

Go for it.

Just bear in mind that when someone like (Father Gilbert for instance)
is confronted with:

"Like with @code{\tweak}, if your @code{\footnote} is applied to a
post-event or articulation, it will itself have to be preceded with
@code{-} to make the parser attach the result to the preceding note or
rest."

and similar that he won't have clue what the hell any of that means at
that point it stops being documentation except to a select few.

Bullet points are for powerpoint presentation, indexes and summaries not
explaining an obviously diverse and potentially complex syntax,
especially what all one generally wants to do is be shown an example.

I just really wish I had as much interest in doc 'help' back when I
struggled for nearly 4 months trying to get the chapter on headers and
titles into something meaningful from Mark's work.

Have at it. I'm sick to death of \footnotes

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/