Re: anyone notice speed of 2.17.95 on Windows ?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: anyone notice speed of 2.17.95 on Windows ?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:36:47 -0800

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:10:08 -0800, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

"Keith OHara" <address@hidden> writes:

I timed one big score, Movement 1 of
<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=1793>
         2.16.2  2.17.95
 WinXP   2m 30s  5m 10s
 Fedora  1m 50s  1m 50s

Have you used the GUB-compiled binary package, or Fedora's built-in or a
self-compiled package?  I think that you probably can only make
platform-specific comparisons if you use GUB for all.

GUB-compiled packages in all cases give the same results as above.

Most of the increase in time to set this score happened between 2.17.0 and .1
 2.16.2 2m 30s
 2.17.0 2m 28s
 2.17.1 4m 06s
so it is probably the issue 2148 patch, use of outlines instead of boxes for
layout.

I did speed-test that patch, but under Linux.  Maybe the system calls to the
font server, to get outlines for the glyphs, take longer under Windows.