Re: Make \time work with \tweak and \footnote (issue 149170044 by addres

From: dak
Subject: Re: Make \time work with \tweak and \footnote (issue 149170044 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 05:26:42 +0000

On 2014/09/30 23:04:00, Dan Eble wrote:
On 2014/09/30 09:07:26, dak wrote:
> On 2014/09/30 04:54:22, dak wrote:
> > On 2014/09/30 03:50:30, Dan Eble wrote:
> > > \compoundMeter should create a TimeSignatureEvent too.
> >
> > [Slaps forehead]

Take a deep breath. There are also \overrideTimeSignatureSettings and
\revertTimeSignatureSettings, and examples in the NR that set
timeSignatureFraction directly.

I'm grateful for your attempt to help, but I wonder whether now is the
right
time to touch this hodgepodge.  For my mid-measure time-signature
warning, I
could content myself with printing the current bar number and the
before/after
fractions.

Setting timeSignatureFraction directly is not expected to be tweakable,
and \overrideTimeSignatureSettings and its revert does not even have an
immediately visible effect.  They are not a concern.

I am not predominantly helping you here: that "why isn't there a warning
location" was just an incentive.  Regarding the "is this cost
reasonable" angle, I am more worried about the warning as such rather
than the TimeSignatureEvent.  But then the warning is your project and
you are free to pull the plug on it any time you want.  Being able to
tweak \time is independently useful, and it is half the job of getting
another @knownissue out of the manual (the other half being clefs if I
remember correctly).

https://codereview.appspot.com/149170044/