Re: GUB fail with smob templates

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GUB fail with smob templates
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:32:03 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:16 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2014 6:41 PM

Phil Holmes <address@hidden> writes:

GUB has again coughed on the changes to the SMOB code. It's well out of
my depth to understand why, but I've pasted below some of the error
messages: the make is built with -j14, so I presume that's why there are
so many.

/home/gub/gub/target/darwin-ppc/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-
release-unstable/lily/include/smobs.tcc:131: error: invalid operands of
types 'scm_unused_struct* (Grob::*)()' and 'scm_unused_struct*
(Smob_base<Grob>::*)()' to binary 'operator!='

I've pushed a prospective fix to staging.  No idea whether it will do
the trick.

Zip attached.

/home/gub/gub/target/darwin-ppc/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-release-unstable/lily/include/smobs.tcc:133: error: invalid operands of types 'scm_unused_struct* (Smob_base<Skyline_pair>::*)()' and 'scm_unused_struct* (Skyline_pair::*)()' to binary 'operator!='

This is getting absolutely ridiculous, but I pushed another "fix" to
staging (basically, I now have to cast a member function pointer to its
own type before comparing it with another member function pointer cast
to its type).

Fails compiling for a different target now.  Logfile attached again.

Do you reckon we should continue to try to get this fixed, or just bite the bullet and update gcc and see if that works?

--
Phil Holmes