Re: Add sans-serif and monospace fonts (issue 224800043 by address@hidde

From: trueroad
Subject: Re: Add sans-serif and monospace fonts (issue 224800043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 04:00:43 +0000

On 2015/04/02 04:29:07, wl_gnu.org wrote:
>> Moreover, in my experiment, pango can't handle the ligature of
>> PostScript Type1 font (.pfb with .afm or .pfm).  It can handle the
>> ligature of OpenType font (.otf).

If you assumption is correct, this is clearly a bug.  Looking into the
source code of Pango, I can't find a reference to the string AFM at
all; similarly, the GNOME bug tracker doesn't contain the string AFM
either.

At least, this patch uses OpenType fonts
rather than PostScript Type1 fonts.
Therefore, it is not affected by the Pango's bug.

In addition, the default serif font of current lilypond is
OpenType converted "Century Schoolbook L".
It is a substitute font of
PostScript standard font "New Century Schoolbook".

This patch is same approach for sans-serif and monospace.

https://codereview.appspot.com/224800043/