Re: Decrease space between vertical beams by length-fraction. (issue 214

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: Decrease space between vertical beams by length-fraction. (issue 214250043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 22:20:24 +0000

On 2015/03/25 06:14:00, lemzwerg wrote:
Thanks for the test diffs.  Looking at the regression tests, I see
some
degradations.

the test diffs expired. Are they still available?

. The second beam in `grace-start' is too far offset from the staff.
Ditto for
grace-`stem-length' and others.  Note that I got similar glitches
earlier too in
my real-life scores but was never be able to reduce them to a minimum
example,
since it seems to be highly dependent on the surrounding grobs.  So
maybe this
is another bug that just has become more visible here.

I have been looking at this for a bit. The problem is that the flat
symbol is thought to have [-.38, 1.20] as extents, which brings it at
distance of 0.2 to the beam.  From visual inspection, it seems that the
bounding box is a little too large, which is confirmed by looking at
feta20.dvi.

We could make the flat bbox tight around the glyph, but it wouldn't
solve the problem. We should also scale down the padding (which is set
to 0.5 in the details property).  The beam length-fraction is decreased
by a factor 0.8, but the font size for accidentals is decreased more
strongly, by a factor 0.63 (magstep -4).

. Regarding `magnifyMusic-dots-beamlets' I wonder whether a minimum
distance
between beam lines for a given beam thickness should be retained to
avoid the
visual clash shown in the first beam.

. `quote-cue-event-types' now shows too short stems for the grace
notes IMHO.

https://codereview.appspot.com/214250043/