Re: Fwd: Google Code shutting down

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Fwd: Google Code shutting down
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 21:29:49 +0200

On 13/03/15 12:51, David Kastrup wrote:
GitLab (like GitHub) does not run on free software.  They have some
"community" version of their software freely available at least.
Gitorious was "eating its own dog food" with regard to running on their
free software version, but they have just been acquired by GitLab, and
due to licensing differences, Gitorious software will not be mixed with
either version of GitLab.  So the outlook for further company
development of Gitorious is somewhat dim.

Now Savannah is running on a continuation of the last free version of
SourceForge if I remember correctly, so that would not be a real
showstopper for picking up there.

But the situation overall is a nuisance.

Might be worth keeping a weather eye on Launchpad, as this is free software and is currently in the process of gaining git support: https://help.launchpad.net/Code/Git

It's been a while since I last used it, but it has a nice combination of issue tracking, code review and hosting features. AFAICS it'll also support file attachments to issues, so should be able to support copying the .png's from Lilypond's current issue tracker.