Re: Add sans-serif and monospace fonts (issue 224800043 by address@hidde

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: Add sans-serif and monospace fonts (issue 224800043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 20:18:55 +0000

I like the current overall look for _this_ choice of fonts
better afterwards as compared to before, even though the "C"
glyph has a more conspicuous rounding and the "G" glyph has
the well-known somewhat poignant Helvetica shape.

Yes, it's more consistent.  On the other hand, I very much dislike
Helvetica, and maybe there's a better choice eventually...

It's a pity that Pango does not seem to support some setup
where there would be a graceful upgradation to the
identically-metriced Helvetica when available:
many professional printers/publishers have the original
Helvetica readily available in their setup.

It's not clear to me what you expect and how it should work.

https://codereview.appspot.com/224800043/