Re: Pango Update in new binaries

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Pango Update in new binaries
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:14:55 +0200

> Hello all,
>
> I apologize if this question has already been asked.
>
> Has the new version of pango been ported to the binaries on
> mac/windows/linux? I noticed here
> <https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2656> that there has
> since been bug issues with a previous version that LilyPond has been using,
> and now there's been fixes to those bugs. I noticed its in the latest dev
> release of LilyPond, but my question is: is it being retroactively
> implemented in the stable release?

Hi Josh

Nobody replied to you.
According to a recent discussion in this list, it seems that the new Pango
version in GUB makes lilypond compile much faster. This would be another
good reason to make a 2.18.3 release. Unless 2.20 is close... What
developers think about it? (I'm cc-ing lilypond-devel).