PDF properties

From: Joram
Subject: PDF properties
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 20:18:12 +0200

Hi developers,

I would like to propose a small change to the handling of PDF document
properties:

scm/framework-ps.scm:462:
-  (metadata-lookup-output 'pdfcomposer 'composer "Author")
+  (metadata-lookup-output 'pdfauthor 'composer "Author"

A proper patch is attached. The reasoning is the following as already
posted on the user list:

Currently, the PDF author field is filled with the composer. This is
nice fall back but in most cases the author of the document and the
composer will be different. Of course, I can write
pdfcomposer = "Author Name"
Then it appears as intended as /Author(Author Name)
But it also appears as /Composer(Author Name) which is wrong.

Wouldn't it make sense to offer both fields: Author and Composer
separately? A fallback if no author is given makes sense but it would be
good to be able to specify an author differing from the composer.

I don't know the exact procedure and I have no account. In case there
are no objections from you, I would be happy if someone could open an
issue and/or apply this small patch in the right way.

Cheers,
Joram