Re: Different GUB failure

From: Masamichi HOSODA
Subject: Re: Different GUB failure
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 23:39:45 +0900 (JST)

>>> I was able to fix the dejavu font problem with Masamichi's suggestion
>>> of
>>>
>>> $ bin/gub --fresh tools::fonts-dejavu
>>>
>>> However, the build now fails with the same error with the libertine
>>> font, which has not been downloaded.  I could potentially fix that by
>>> downloading the font manually, and would probably need to do this for
>>> all the other new fonts.
>>>
>>> But shouldn't this happen automatically as part of the GUB build?
>>
>> If I understand correctly, GUB downloads automatically, ofcourse.
>> To build LilyPond, what command do you use?
>> Is it following?
>>
>> $ make LILYPOND_BRANCH=release/unstable lilypond
>
> That's the command I use, but with the output redirected to a text
> file.
>
>> I suspect something like download site or network temporarily
>> problems.
>
> I don't think so: if GUB tries a download and it fails, it usually
> stops at that point and can be restarted once the network/site is back
> or corrected. Looking at the output from the build, I see no attempt
> to download the font files.

You are right.
I've found a problem.

lilypond.make's doc and test-output uses offline mode.
So dependency files are not downloaded.

I've made a patch and send pull request.
https://github.com/gperciva/gub/pull/19

Would you merge it?
And, would you update your GUB's local working tree?

$ git fetch origin
$ git checkout master
$ git merge origin/master