Re: Strange error message installing master from git sources

From: Villum Sejersen
Subject: Re: Strange error message installing master from git sources
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 11:18:22 +0200

On 29-08-2015 01:12, Thomas Morley wrote:

I had a similiar problem:

Being on LilyDev3 ("Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)")

I nuked my build, and started from scratch and I knew texgyre was
_not_ installed.

Trying Dan's advice to get texgyre
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2015-08/msg00132.html
didn't succeed.

"
1. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list to refer to ftp.ca.debian.org instead of
ftp3.nrc.ca, which was incommunicado.
2. sudo apt-get install tex-gyre
[...]
"

Step 2 always failed regardless what I tried for step 1

I ended up downloading the files as adviced by Hosoda-San
"
TeX Gyre download:
http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/
http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/whole
http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/whole/tg-2.005otf.zip
"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2015-08/msg00123.html
putting them in /Desktop/texgyre and pointing to it via
--with-texgyre-dir

I.e., from
address@hidden ~/lilypond-git (master)$
I did (after nuking build-directory):

sh autogen.sh --noconfigure

It was much simpler for me, becaus tex-gyre was already installed:

*../autogen.sh --noconfigure*

was the single initial step I had forgotten, ../configure usually being
enough.

As both David and Masamichi pointed out at the same minute... ;)

I have not yet found the potential difference between using --nocofigure
or not.

mkdir -p build/
cd build/
../configure --disable-optimising --with-texgyre-dir=../../Desktop/texgyre
make

Took me a few hours to figure it out, but: success

Cheers,
   Harm

--
yours,