Re: My finances for working on LilyPond

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: My finances for working on LilyPond
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 22:27:23 +0100

Il giorno sab 24 ott 2015 alle 13:08, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> ha scritto:
3) GITSTATS
The gitstats linked in the sponsoring pages are a great idea but they are out-of-date (november 2012). Any chance to keep them up-to-date automatically?
Also, I'd rather link to the Authors tab:
http://lilypond.org/~graham/gitstats-3months/AUTHORS.html

gitstats is just a python script. Who has access to the server may just set up a cron job to create the stats every X days:
https://github.com/hoxu/gitstats/blob/master/doc/INSTALL

Actually, it can be even run within 'make doc'. I've just run and it compiles the stats of 2015 in 40 seconds:

$ time gitstats -c processes=2 -c start_date=1/1/2015 lilypond-git lilypond-gitstats-2015
[...]
real    0m40.352s

$ du -h lilypond-gitstats-2015
612K    lilypond-gitstats-2015

I'll move the discussion to @bug-lilypond

There's already an open issue for this:

(just added a comment to make it up-to-date)