Re: can't upload a patch

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: can't upload a patch
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:49:51 -0600

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 8:56 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> David Nalesnik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Ok. Even though it seems an out-of-date package. Shouldn't it be version
>>> 20160104 as shown here?
>>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/ca-certificates
>>
>> Strange.  The package did strike me as old, but running
>>
>> sudo apt-get install ca-certificates
>>
>> gets me
>>
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> ca-certificates is already the newest version.
>> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 69 not upgraded.
>
> Maybe it's pinned or the version number is spelled in a manner where it
> is considered newer.
>
> Try removing and reinstalling it if possible without having other
> packages removed.  Otherwise, try forcing the update.

The version in Ubuntu is the one from 2016; the one in the Debian
machine is the older one, from 2014.  I'm not sure what to install to
bring the Debian version more up-to-date, without screwing the system
up.

I managed to upload the patch successfully
(https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5084/) by installing
git-cl in Ubuntu -- thanks Federico!

So, I haven't verified whether the problem is the ca-certificates
version or the VM's network interface.  I'll try an Ethernet cable
instead of the wireless adapter next.

Thanks so much,
David