Re: can't upload a patch

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: can't upload a patch
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 18:20:02 +0100

Il giorno lun 6 mar 2017 alle 17:49, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 8:56 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
 David Nalesnik <address@hidden> writes:

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

 Il giorno lun 6 mar 2017 alle 14:50, David Nalesnik
 <address@hidden> ha scritto:

 Hi Federico,

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 1:15 AM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

  Do you have ca-certificates installed?

 Yes, the newest version:

 ca-certificates/now 20141019+deb8u1 all [installed,local]

Ok. Even though it seems an out-of-date package. Shouldn't it be version
 20160104 as shown here?
 http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/ca-certificates

 Strange.  The package did strike me as old, but running

 sudo apt-get install ca-certificates

 gets me

 Reading package lists... Done
 Building dependency tree
 Reading state information... Done
 ca-certificates is already the newest version.
 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 69 not upgraded.

Maybe it's pinned or the version number is spelled in a manner where it
 is considered newer.

 Try removing and reinstalling it if possible without having other
 packages removed.  Otherwise, try forcing the update.

The version in Ubuntu is the one from 2016; the one in the Debian
machine is the older one, from 2014.  I'm not sure what to install to
bring the Debian version more up-to-date, without screwing the system
up.

Before doing so, I wonder if any other developer using LilyDev 4.1 (maybe Harm?) can confirm if git-cl is working or not.
I don't have LilyDev 4.1 at hands to test git-cl.

I managed to upload the patch successfully
(https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5084/) by installing
git-cl in Ubuntu -- thanks Federico!

So, I haven't verified whether the problem is the ca-certificates
version or the VM's network interface.  I'll try an Ethernet cable
instead of the wireless adapter next.

I've seen also reports about proxy settings causing this sort of troubles.
So you may check it on your Ubuntu host:

env | grep -i proxy