[guile-2.2] patches

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: [guile-2.2] patches
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 15:11:29 +0100

Hi all,

guile-2.2 is released. So I plan to implement most patches from the
remotes/origin/dev/guile-v2-work-branch and those I've put locally on
top of it.

This will sometimes require some updating of those patches. Most of
them were created to make lily work with guile-2.0.x. Also, I'd like
to check whether those patches are still all needed: guile-devs
claimed a far better port-encoding-handling wrt to utf-8, etc. We will
see...

The main question:
I'd like to facilitate review by putting them on one by one.
Though this may result in commits with only partly working LilyPond,
if compiled with guile-2.2

For example the attached.
It makes configure find all the needed files when done with --enable-guile2
But make will fail.
(lily with guile-1.8 should be unaffected.)

It's meant to replace
fd6919c8fec9a61d1c7b6abc54ac5607bd62a0b9
from branch remotes/origin/dev/guile-v2-work

How to proceed?

Cheers,
  Harm