Re: LilyDev4 and Guile2.2 ?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: LilyDev4 and Guile2.2 ?
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:20:59 +0200

I didn't pay attention to the version of guile.
Debian has only 2.0 at the moment:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=guile-2

If you need 2.2 you must use one of these options:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/download/

Il giorno mer 12 apr 2017 alle 18:35, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Il giorno mer 12 apr 2017 alle 17:51, Paul <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hi all,

Having been unsuccessful at getting LilyDev5 running on my laptop using VirtualBox, I'm wondering how it would work to create a virtual machine with LilyDev4 (which is working for me) and then uninstalling guile1.8 and installing guile2.2.

Is this a fool's errand? I'm new to this dependency hell business, would be a good induction, maybe too good?

Thanks for any advice,
-Paul

My suggestion is:

1. copy LilyDev4 virtualbox file somewhere (so you can still run LilyDev4 in case of troubles) 2. upgrade it to stretch. There's a tutorial here: https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-upgrade-debian-8-jessie-to-debian-9-stretch

Or learn libvirt. I'm happy to help with this if you want to try.