Re: help with bash script to translate @ref{} items in translated manual

From: karl
Subject: Re: help with bash script to translate @ref{} items in translated manuals
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 17:44:03 +0200 (CEST)

Federico Bruni:
> Il giorno ven 21 apr 2017 alle 7:08, Federico Bruni
> <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> > I guess I'll have to revert to my almost manual replacement I've used
> > so far.
>
> Or I may try a  different approach and script a replacement from a file
> like:
>
> @ref{Different editions from one source},@ref{Edizioni diverse da un
> unico sorgente}
> @ref{Dimensions},@ref{Dimensioni}
> @ref{Direction and placement},@ref{Direzione e posizionamento}
>
> that replace first instance of @ref with the second instance (after the
> comma)

Well, that is about the same as putting the translation in the po file
and running the attached script. Then if and when gettext is working
again for doc., as someone said it has been, then you don't have to
convert your replacement file to po style.

$ read_po.pl Documentation/po/it.po .itely | head
File: Documentation/essay/engraving.itely
 @ref{Music engraving} -> @ref{}
 @ref{The LilyPond story} -> @ref{}
 @ref{Engraving details} -> @ref{}
 @ref{Music fonts} -> @ref{}