Re: PDF landscape issue

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: PDF landscape issue
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 20:17:53 +0200

On 01.07.2017 18:44, Francisco Vila wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to know if something has changed recently about the way
LilyPond creates landscape documents.

In 2.19.58, a landscape document looks right in Evince and in
Frescobaldi music PDF preview. In 2.19.62, the same document is rotated
90º counter-clockwise, which is not a problem for Evince as I can rotate
it on a keystroke, but there is no such mechanism in Frescobaldi.

What is really strange is that the properties dialog in Evince says the
document is portrait, not lansdcape.

This is an intentional change. If I don’t confuse it right now, the #(set-paper-size "foo" 'landscape) syntax didn’t actually change paper dimensions, but set page rotation. Instead, it’s better to use #(set-paper-size "foolandscape") which will reliably set paper dimensions.

Best, Simon