Re: Centering bass figures on whole notes and longer (issue 325070043 by

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Centering bass figures on whole notes and longer (issue 325070043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 02:13:07 -0700

On 2017/07/15 09:03:30, richard_rshann.plus.com wrote:
On Sat, 2017-07-15 at 01:50 -0700, mailto:address@hidden
wrote:
> On 2017/07/15 08:06:41, http://richard_rshann.plus.com wrote:
>
> > So I think you could validly object that you didn't like them
being
> > treated differently.
>
> If you look at the following, namely the colored BassFigures
>
> cbf = \once \override BassFigure.color = #red
> <<
>    \relative c' { c1 c8 d e f g f e d c1 c1 }
>    \figures { <_!>2 <_!>2 \cbf <_!>1 <_!>2 <_!>2 \cbf <_!>1 }
>

> You'll see your patch improves the second colored BassFigure, but
the
> first one is turned worse.

Ah, yes I see. If you create a single figure of a duration to cover a
whole series of shorter duration notes you run into trouble. A better
approach to the problem would be needed to avoid you having to re-code
the bass figure duration to match the note it applies to.

Richard

If you try
\override BassFigure.X-offset =
#ly:self-alignment-interface::centered-on-x-parent
you'll see improvements in some cases (others are worse).
Therefore I think ly:self-alignment-interface::centered-on-x-parent is
not the correct tool, but something similiar could do the trick.

https://codereview.appspot.com/325070043/