Re: Exportig lilypond music events and correlate it to real recordings?

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Exportig lilypond music events and correlate it to real recordings?
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 13:29:25 +0000

On 7/17/2017 4:17 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
> Frankly, I think highlighting single notes instead of having a smoothly
> moving time bar (namely letting LilyPond typeset stuff only once and
> doing the graphical processing without LilyPond) is going to be visually
> "noisy".

This may be a matter of taste. I like seeing the notes highlighted,
plainly showing that my part is still on a tied whole note while others
have moved on with shorter notes. MuseScore sort of has both these
features - a not-smoothly-moving blue time bar and note highlighting.
But I prefer using LilyPond, so I'm eagerly anticipating this work with
video scores.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA