What is void music?

From: Dan Eble
Subject: What is void music?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 08:03:45 -0400

A. ly-syntax-constructors.scm has this.

   (define-public (void-music)
     (ly:set-origin! (make-music 'Music)))

B. music-functions.scm has this:
   ... (make-music 'Music 'void #t) ...

In lily-library.scm, the function collect-music-aux has the comment "void music
is discarded”.  It seems to classify (B) as void music, but not (A).

I stumbled at this when I tried to define a predicate for void music, used (B)
as an example, and found that it didn’t catch ##{#}.  I’m not sure what to do.

Are these different concepts that have been given the same name, or are they
different valid representations of void music? ... or is the difference an
error?

C. There’s also \void, which appears to be related in name only.

I don’t know if renaming is appropriate, but in case it is, I offer these
suggestions:
  A) “null” music
  B) “annulled” music
  C) no change